Monday, October 25, 2010

"Oh My Gosh"

Sorry... have to share another one tonight...

It's almost 7pm and Emily was just telling me that she hoped her Daddy would get here soon.

I had to break the bad news to her and let her know that Daddy's car broke down on his way home tonight and he's going to have to stay at Aunt Shell and Aunt Laura's tonight and come home tomorrow.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but given the experiences of the day, I was predicting some tears and a potential meltdown.

Instead, she put her hands up to her cheeks and said, "Oh my gosh.  I don't know what he's gonna do, I sure his car doesn't get broke down again!  I have to go make my dad a card."

And off she ran to her room where I could hear her telling "her kids" (the imaginary friends in her room) that her Daddy's car broke down and he would be back tomorrow but not to worry.  She told them she was going to make him a card so he would feel better.

Here's her letter:


It says:

Dear Daddy,

Your car not broke down again.  Dear Daddy



And just for kicks... this is what I saw in my rear view mirror on the way home tonight...


Apparently she found her bike helmet in the seat beside her and felt my driving wasn't safe enough...  Or, maybe she was thinking of Grandma's driving styles....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Her card to Daddy is her name backwards MLY.
Laura P.

Web Analytics