Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I Thought You Were Dying!

A few weeks ago, I had some sort of stomach bug sneak up on me shortly after I got back to the office after lunch.  I had only been back at my desk for about an hour and I got an instant headache and had goosebumps on my arms and legs.  The weird part was... the goosebumps hurt!

I took some ibuprofen and tried to wait it out and after another hour I still felt the same and started to get a light headed.  I left work and drove home and slept for a couple of hours in hopes of feeling better before I had to pick Em up from my parents.

It didn't help.  When I woke up, I could add chills, wooziness and nausea to the ickiness that I was feeling.  I didn't trust myself driving to pick Em up so I called and thankfully, they brought her home to me. 

Em was excited to play nursemaid and take care of me that evening.  I rested on the couch while she watched one of her favorite movies.  Several times throughout the movie, she would tell me something funny and I was awake enough to respond and then fell back asleep.

Apparently I wasn't quite awake enough as the movie began to wrap up.  I opened my eyes to see Emily standing about 6 inches away from my face with a freaked out look on her face.  "What's wrong, Em?" I asked.  She stammered in response, "I thought you were dying." 

I had to smile and chuckle and that seemed to reassure her that I might survive.

(Amazingly, after I woke up, I felt 100% better and was back to my normal self.  Whatever it was lasted about 6 hours and disappeared as quickly as it came on.)

No comments:

Web Analytics