Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Emily, the Librarian

Emily still loves to read.

As I'm writing this, I'm sitting in bed with my laptop and am listening to Emily over the baby monitor as she's reading stories. I have every reason to believe she's sitting in her rocking chair, reading her stories out loud to her pretend audience just like her favorite librarian, Miss Susie, does each week. She's telling her "audience" about the book, then reads it to "them" and when it's all done there's a big "Yeah" from the cheering section.

She's especially fond of reading "Snow White" this morning and I've heard a little bit of "The Fussy Princess" which is a Little Critter book. I think she might be reading a story about "Ice Cream Soup" right now which will probably lead to her calling my name and asking for breakfast. Guess I should go cut her off at the pass....

No comments:

Web Analytics