Saturday, May 14, 2011

Guess Who's 5 Today?

Happy 5th Birthday, Emily!


Em is the early bird in our family and is usually awake around 6 each morning.  She plays quietly in her room until about 6:30 when I'm up and rolling.  This morning when I walked past her room, I told her, "Happy Birthday, birthday girl."  To which she smiled and responded, "Thanks, Mommy."

An hour and a half later, she was watching cartoons and said, "Mommy am I four or five now?"  

"You're five."
She stood up and tried to examine herself from head to toe.  "How did that happen?  I don't look bigger?"

Once it clicked, she RAN upstairs to wake Daddy up and tell him that it was her birthday and that she's now 5 just like her friends!  There was exhuberant screaming, singing, dancing and frolicking before she hurried back downstairs.

"Mommy, do I look older?  I'm just growing up sooo fast!"

"Yes.  Yes, you are....."


No comments:

Web Analytics