Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Hypes For Almost 5 Mos.

On Friday, Emily will have been a Hypes for all of 5 months. It's hard to believe that she's been with us that long and at the same time it's hard to believe that she hasn't always been with us. She fits in so well with our family, our extended family and our church family.

In the 5 1/2 months that we've known her, she has learned to roll over, sit up, say "hi!", crawl, cruise along the furniture and now she's starting to wave and it won't be long before she's walking!

Last week was Vacation Bible School at our church and Emily ended up accompany me each night. I had a baby carrier (a baby backpack) in the garage that I had purchased a couple of years ago and I thought it would be good to give it a try instead of trying to carry her the whole time. (She's in the "I have to be touching Mommy" stage right now and doesn't like me walking all around without her... at least we can say the bonding and attachment is working well!) I tested the backpack out for about 20 min. at home to see how she'd do and loved it. I did laundry and made supper while she just hung out and watched everything I did. She gladly rode in the backpack for about 3 hours each night and kept an eye on the kids as they did their memory verses and learned the new songs and motions at VBS. What a kid!

Here are some pictures from today. We recently spent some more of our baby shower gift cards and money for some more baby equipment.






Since she did so well in the cheapie backpack, we decided it might not be a bad idea to buy a better one for use on vacations, shopping and trips to the post office and such. I did a lot of research online and checked out the reviews and hopefully found a good quality one that was on the lower end of the budget spectrum. Emily's sitting in front of the box in this picture and is gnawing on the rest of her loot.




She's also starting to walk a lot more and it's becoming more and more evident that this girl likes to move around standing up. I helped her figure out her walker this afternoon and she made several laps across the living room with it today. She's a girl on the move and it won't be long before we're chasing her all over the place to keep her out of things!





1 comment:

Amy said...

Adorable. Amazing.

This is one of those times, where you could easily say God used you to bless her life, but I wonder if it wasn't more about God using her to bless your life (and your family's life and my life!). Does that make any sense?

Web Analytics