Monday, January 21, 2008

Another walk down memory lane...

It's time to reminisce again.  I can't believe that the Kazakh Epiphany Day came and went and I didn't even think about it.  If you were following along last year at this time, you'll remember that Epiphany (Jan. 19) is a day that Russians and Kazakhs alike take the triple plunge into the icy waters of Ural River to cleanse themselves of their sins.  They do this in all temperatures and disrobe down to their swim suits and trunks. (Speedo-style for most of the guys -- young and old!)   

To walk down memory land with me on that one...  The Freezing Cold Epiphany!

The other fun thing that happened a year ago was my first feeding of Miss Emily.  Oi Vey!  
What an experience!  No high chair.  No bottle.  No sippy cup.  No baby-sized spoon.  Just a giant bowl of Cream-o-Wheat stuff and a tea cup filled with lukewarm tea.  I couldn't shovel it into her mouth fast enough.  This girl knew what she wanted and she wanted it now.  (Yes, she's still a little like this.)

Updates and new pictures coming soon!  I promise!

No comments:

Web Analytics