Saturday, February 07, 2009

Our Chosen Child (& My Homework)

I'm really sorry I haven't been updating our blog much this past month. However, I hope today's entry should help make up for some of my delays. I've been enrolled in an online course on Web 2.0 tools for the past 4 weeks and it's been taking up most of my evenings after Emily has been put to bed. After next week I should start to get a few of my evenings back and will be able to continue updating our blog.

Posted below is my homework from this week. This is my first time using a new (to me) web application called VoiceThread. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this application and hope to be able to use it for future professional development opportunities with our staff at school. You may need to click on play to get it started, but once it does I'll narrate you through 50 slides that chronicled our trip to Kazakhstan to adopt our daughter Emily and some of the highlights at home from the past 2 years. I have narrated each of the slides and Emily makes a surprise appearance in quite a few of them to help with the narration. (What can I say, she woke up early and I think it ended up adding a cute twist to the story!)

HEADS-UP... I just played it back while writing this entry and realized the VoiceThread is nearly an hour long... feel free to fast forward through it and linger on the ones that look interesting. And, if you want to see the higher quality version, you can go to VoiceThread Site and search for "Our Chosen Child".

For YOUR homework (and to earn me some brownie points) please leave some comments on a couple of the slides. If you have a webcam you can post a video comment, or if you have a mic you can post an audio comment. You can also type a comment in and write on the screen like I did on a few slides! (NOTE: Partway through the slideshow is a generic black VoiceThread "commercial" slide that lasts only 4 seconds, you can click past it to keep the slideshow moving!)

No comments:

Web Analytics